Marketing and Operations Lead, US Creators
WHO WE ARE
At Octoly, we think traditional advertising is dead. Smart brands don’t buy traditional media formats anymore! Instead, they’re all starting to leverage the voice and power of hundreds of real-life influencers. This is why we created our “Free Store”, a marketplace where thousands of YouTube and Instagram creators can get free products from the best and most innovative brands, in exchange for honest reviews & original content.
In a little less than 2 years:
- We’re already the #1 influencer marketplace worldwide in terms of product placements - heading towards 200,000 reviews annually.
- We have launched in 3 countries (US, FR, ES), with 120 awesome clients on the supply side (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal Group, Sephora, Clarins…), and over 4,000 active creators on the demand side.
- We have built a team of 40 awesome people from France, Spain, Canada, the UK and the US.
- We have closed 2 funding rounds with top-tier VCs and received a sizable grant from the EU for our unique positioning and excellence in operations.
We have successfully launched the US in 2016 with prestigious brands that have joined the platform. We are currently looking for our Marketing & Operations Lead to accelerate the growth of our Creator community in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Our US Creator Team’s mission is to acquire the most talented Creators in the US (from micro to top influencers) and to help them have the best user experience on Octoly: whether it be when creators order products on the Free Store or when they consume our content on social media/blog or during the events that we organize.
As the Marketing & Operations Lead for US Creators, you will drive our efforts to build and entertain the greatest creator community in the US. You will leverage data, insights and creative thinking to develop strategies that lead to sustainable growth (ie. Active Creators).
This is a very critical position as Creators are the keystone of Octoly. We want to be the 1st Creators Accelerator and empower creators to become entrepreneurs.
You will report directly to the VP of Creators. In this position, you will:
- Lead, build, develop and motivate a team of community managers and content creators (social media, blogs, newsletters, educational content, events…)
- Propose, develop and execute data-driven, innovative Acquisition & Retention strategies, with the support of the Growth marketing team (based in Paris)
- Set goals and KPIs to follow for US Creator activity, monitor performance and regularly communicate actionable insights to relevant parties in the company
- Develop strong user knowledge through quantitative and qualitative research (surveys, 1-on-1, etc.) and suggest improvements/new features on the Product
- Test new channels, ideas and tactics to accelerate growth of Creator activity
- +2-3 years experience in user retention and any position where you have a key role in building a community
- Strong leadership skills (ideally one successful experience with managing a team)
- Creative problem solver with the ability to adapt to evolving business needs and objectives
- Data-driven with an analytical mind: not afraid of spreadsheets!
- Strong initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills: if you don't like the idea of leaving the office to meet creators in person, this is not for you :)
- High level of motivation and involvement, contributing to a fun, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- An experience in influencer marketing or in a startup is a plus
- Competitive package, based on experience
- Enjoy a cool, multicultural team and a brand new office in Soho, NYC
- Join a very fast-growing company, with real opportunities for career development & international mobility
Do you want to join a fast-growing startup with big dreams? If so, let’s talk!